Whenever this time of year rolls around, most of us start thinking about where we have been in the past 12 months, what has changed, what has stayed the same and where we hope the next year will take us. It is only fitting that I put together a little list of the ups and downs of 2010, followed by a list of goals and hopes for 2011. It is seriously going to take me all year to get used to typing 2011… I just got used to writing 2010 on everything! Who is with me?
I call 2010 the “Year of Roller Coasters” for so many different reasons. No, I didn’t head to any theme parks, but I did enjoy my fair share of ups and downs. Thankfully, there were way more ups than there were downs. I think we will focus on the positives only here, so we can leave the year on a happy note!
Photo by: Bates Photographic
- Lots of new babies for family and friends.
- Beautiful weddings, both professional and personal.
- Wonderful people. Countless wonderful people.
- Crazy circumstances that we can only look back and laugh about.
- Growth and change that inevitably comes with age and the feeling that life is only getting better as we grow.
- A few really great vacations, including the “Girls Trip” I took with my Mom and sisters.
- Making Things Happen 2010
- My very first speaking engagements and taking the role of teacher.
- Taking the role of President of the Michigan Chapter Board of Directors of Wish Upon a Wedding.
- Expanding the biz.
- Continued growth.
- More celebration.
- Epicness. Yes, Epicness.
- Discovery and education.
- Babies. Lots of babies.
- Making mistakes and taking them as lessons.
- More time for myself with friends and family.
- Tons of dancing, either in my living room or out in public. I didn’t dance enough this year! :)
What are your hopes for 2011? Or your favorite moments from 2010? I would LOVE to hear them!